The Lean Out Method
The Lean Out Method is based on the fundamental belief that success in business isn’t about working harder, doing more, or having to feel like you are hustling every damn day.
- It’s about working SMARTER.
- Being INTENTIONAL with your time.
- Understanding your highest PRIORITIES.
- Doing LESS things, but BETTER.
- Staying FOCUSED and keeping things SIMPLE.
- Delivering VALUE by finishing things instead of just being busy.
- OPTIMIZING everything you choose to invest your time, money, and energy into doing.
- And, creating SPACE for whatever matters most to you.
The Lean Out Method (LOM) is a system designed to help you achieve your biggest goals and create a scalable and profitable business WITHOUT requiring you to work more.
It will help you cut through noise, distractions, and competing priorities so you can gain clarity on where to focus your precious time, money and energy, and it will help you create space for whatever matters most to you. So, skip the overwork, overwhelm, and confusion, and replace it with the freedom, flexibility and accelerated results that the LOM provides.
The Lean Out Method - Success Simplified
1. Set CONTEXT so you know where you are going and why it is important
2. Gain CLARITY on the right things to be doing right now in your business
3. Make a COMMITMENT to do whatever it takes to achieve your big goals
4. Practice KAIZEN and continuously reflect and improve in order to grow
The Lean Out Method Stages
Setting context is the key to STRATEGIC PLANNING and what is often missing from productivity systems and other planners. It ensures you are working on THE RIGHT THINGS at THE RIGHT TIME and that the big vision and goals you have for your business and life continue to shift and grow as you do. Establish your context each year, and revisit and reflect upon it every 90 days, at a minimum.
Gaining clarity is all about being ALIGNED AF - ensuring everything you do is aligned to your vision and goals, and providing value for both your customers and for the business and life you want to create. It is based on keeping things simple and LEAN and cutting out anything that isn’t adding value. Because what you leave out is just as important as what you leave in.
If you want to achieve success, you need to go all in and fully commit to doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to reach your goals. This means unapologetically saying NO to anything that isn’t in alignment, while embracing your fears and expanding your mindset. It requires a willingness to do what others aren’t willing to do, such as filling in the Context section of the planner.
KAIZEN is the secret to SUSTAINABILITY + PROFITABILITY. It is a lean concept that encourages making continuous small improvements. Through regular reflection, measuring what matters, and a willingness to listen to your customers, your team, and yourself, you can generate big results through small changes, optimizing what IS working & cutting and changing anything that isn’t.
The Lean Out Method Components